Ministry of Welcome
- Site Map
Ministry of Welcome is a key ministry as they are the first contact people have on a Sunday when they arrive for Mass.
The role involves:
- Folding newsletters
- Placing newsletters into hymn books or Mass leaflets (if there is singing)
- Greeting people as they enter the church and giving them a newsletter/hymn book/Mass leaflet
- Noting in particular 'visitors' to the Parish/Church/Mass, and greeting them in such a way, so that they can feel 'welcome', 'at home' with us and in our gathering
- Generally keeping an 'eye open' during Mass for any people who may require assistance (e.g: to find the toilets, hall, has a disability and need Holy Communion take to them in the bench........etc.)
- At the end of Mass tidying up the church of loose hymn books/newsletters/Mass sheets and tidying up the porch so that everything is in order for the next gathering.
Contact: Parish Office